Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Winter 2018 Anime Final Thoughts Part 3

Now for the final set of shows that I finished during the Winter Season including yet another example of a show I started last minute. Let's start with of course....


W'z

Seeing how things were for the previous cast was interesting sometimes. Watching Haruka and Yuki drag their feet for several episodes was annoying. That said they eventually got better. The final arc wasn't too bad.  As a follow up to Hand Shakers this series actually pretty decent. Of course, I speak as one of the few that finished Hand Shakers and didn't hate everything about it. 

Kemono Friends 2

I'm sorry, but curiosity overcame me and I wanted to judge the series based on its own merit and not drama. By itself the series would be fine. When compared to the previous series this feels like it's missing something. Basically it's a shell of its former self.  Not much to say beyond that other than saying similar phrases.

 That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

This was over all an enjoyable series with the occasional issue. Also I can't fault a show for having two lovely Demon Lords as part of its cast. Not much else to say other than I have plans to watch S2. Just pretend I spent 12,000 words praising the Fairy.

Bermuda Triangle! Colorful Pastrale

For the most part I enjoyed the series. I loved seeing Canon get used to her new way of life. However they really dropped the orb with the final two episodes. Especially during episode 12. My opinion on the show is still positive, but taking how it ended into account, it has to be lowered a bit. Still if there is ever a season 2 focused on them as an idol group, I'd end up watching it. Just please have a better ending arc next time.

Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai

This was a pretty good series over all even if sometimes it felt like there was nothing for me to say. What first won me over was Kylie and her dedication to pancakes, but once Chika came on to the scene, the show became great. Kylie and Chika are one of my favorite "ships" of the season. The interactions between them was enough to make the series good. On top of that you had other fun characters, some rather nice  aerial combat scenes, etc.

Kiratto Pri-chan

There might have been a few episodes that were lacking, but as a whole this was a very enjoyable experience. The main three girls and the secondary trio are all fun in their own ways. Only major negative is that while I will likely enjoy the sequel series there will be aspects of this series I will miss, but that's just how it is.

Endro!
Perhaps my favorite series of the season. That's not to say it never had any issues, it did. However I was invested in Mao's character.  She won me over the moment she appeared on screen. She has quite a few fun scenes during the series and it was amusing seeing her interact to others. On top of being a fun character, she's one you can also feel for.  Remove from the show and it would still enjoyable, but it wouldn't be as high on my list without her.

----------------------------

This marks the end of the Winter Season for me. Yes, there's the current Precure, but that's only getting started and this is about shows that ended in Winter not shows still going into Spring and maybe even beyond. Speaking of Spring, here's hoping for a few good series, but not too many.  I can only juggle so many shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home