Tuesday, April 23, 2019

The Dropped Of Spring 2019 Anime

For this entry I will focus on the series from Spring I've decided to drop for now.  Each of these have problems that make them not worth keeping up with on a week to week basis. If they're ever given another chance it will be near the end of the season.

Joshikausei (3)

Series like this are frustrating. Sure on occasion you might get an episode that involves perhaps seconds of the girls bonding. However based on what I've read of the manga and seen of the anime so far, you're way more likely to get episodes that in various ways just waste your time. The manga does have the advantage that you can just skim through it and rush to the "better" chapters. However think of it like hoping for a 5 Star character, but most of the time you just get a 3 star that you don't care about. Seriously if I watch any more of this series I'll feel like I'm gambling.
Isekai Quartet (3)
I'm going to be blunt here, the school setting hurts this show. Note for the record, I don't auto-hate school settings, but in this case it does more harm than good. Also I know I shouldn't take things seriously, but episode 3 left a bad taste in my mouth for some reason. Plus the honest truth is my interest in the casts being featured in this series collectively is very limited.  So there's not much appeal on that end. It's not exactly a terrible show, but I'd rather just part ways with it now.

Strike Witches 501 butai Hasshin Shimasu! (3)

Sure there are funny moments in the first three episodes. However I've already had my fill of the main joke of the series. Witches suffering because of other Witches. Plus the bad art and animation screams just wait for the BD version. Assuming you're even going to watch (more of) it at all.
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (3)
The idea of a series where characters want to get better at things they're not good at despite being told "Give up on stuff you suck at, only do things you're good at"  is interesting sure. It also has some attractive girls in it. However I'm just not in the mood for it right now.  It also doesn't help that even for a harem series some of the romance feels a bit too automatic. Yes, I know that's the point, but they could you know try bit harder to trick us into thinking it's not. 

Finally  like with that Quints show from last season, if I am to watch more of this I'd rather do so after it's finished  airing. For some reason I'm starting to find shows like this work better that way. So dropped for now with potential to revisit later maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home