Saturday, January 06, 2018

Favorite Of The Year That Stands Above The Rest (2017 Anime Favorites)

So I watched quite a few series during 2017. Some being much better than others and some far worse. However when all is said and done there is one series that stood out to me. Was the series from Autumn? Was it from Spring? Was it from Winter? The fact I only asked about three seasons here makes it clear it was a series from Summer. the remaining one. The Winning Series of 2017 for me was a series that's a spin-off of a show that I watched previous. Yes, the series in question is.....

Hina Logi: From Luck And Logic

I already had an interest in this series because I actually do like aspects of Luck and Logic. It's just that not every aspect was a winner. I won't get into every good or bad point except to say that the original series was a mix. Thankfully this spin-off had a lot more good for it and a lot less bad. Also it helps that as a lead, Lion is far better than well either lead in the original series. Both the guy and the girl were to be honest kind of boring. Original was carried more by the rest of the cast,

I was sold on Lion from the start and she gets some pretty good interactions with her friends, her family and her love interest. Meanwhile the rest of the cast had good interactions among themselves too even when Lion wasn't involved. Main frustration was how Yuuko treated Mizuki. I could never tell if Yuuko was essentially trying to toy with Mizuki and mess with her emotions or if Yuuko was just that selective in terms of being dense. Still I'd like to think maybe there's hope for their future.



On the subject of relationships, watching Nina and Lion develop as a couple by itself provided enough motivation for me to keep watching this. You can pretty much guess what one of my favorite moments between them was by the image above. That episode was good in general. It even managed to take a problematic concept and make it work. Or at least make it less of a problem than usual? Either way the good aspects of the series in general make up for the few negatives it might have had.


Lion's first outfit shown and the general use of it was another moment that sold me on the series in general. Actually I like quite a few of the outfits from this series. Also some from the parent series which might be part of the reason I finished that.  Ok, not every outfit was a winner and I'm sure some are too "servicey" for some, but as whole they worked.


I could go on, but let's wrap this up by saying this much. After looking back on what I watched of 2017 Anime, I came to the conclusion that Hina Logi was the series I evenjoyed the most as a whole. It was something to look forward to each week. Sure it failed in some areas, but then again some areas it wasn't even competing anyway. Still for now (until I change my mind 3 months later), Hina Logi is best anime with Nina and Lion being one of my favorite pairings for 2017 too.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home