Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Anime I'm Watching During Spring 2019

Having tried enough series for now, I've settled on these series being the ones I watch during the Spring 2019 season. Assuming of course none of them suddenly decide to become completely unwatchable. Not going to rank these. It should be obvious which is the favorite of the season by the end. 


Cinderella Girls Climax (TV43/WEB35)

Sure like with previous seasons there will be segments wasted on "I like Producer" stuff, but aside from that the series still continues to be fun for the most part. Plus I will admit it can be fun to see what girls get to be the next focus of the next episode. And yes, since some of the ladies are rather attractive, that helps too. It's not my fault some of them have nice mountains. Yes, even this type of art can have fanservice.
Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine (3)

While I enjoyed the first episode, I can't deny having some worry.  Mostly because there was the question of how the show would be paced. Never mind how many members they need to JOIN them on their quest. However, I now feel confident enough in the series. If nothing else, I have several girls to be attached to. Akane is still the best of them. However Aoi and Yoshime are both good too.
Senryuu Shoujo (3)

I love the way the poems are voiced. I love Nanako's expressions. The series is for the most part charming. The main negative is related to the HET aspects. I'm not against a series being het and it's a thing even in the manga. But for some reason it feels like the anime doubles down on the het. Maybe it's because of the difference between formats? Despite that issue, I still enjoy watching the anime.  In part because of what I read of the manga and because again Nanako. Seeing her animated and voices is a dream come true. Plus some of the side characters are amusing.
Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki (3)

Let's not kid ourselves here. The main reason I'm going to keep watching this is because Yatogame has me charmed by her voice and her cat antics. Which is sad because one issue with this show is this. For a series about trying to promote a location, it feels  more like they're promoting the idea of having a fetish towards someone due to her accent and mannerisms. And if you take the idea further, I can't deny it's bad. Which I should complain about.

Yet here I am watching the anime because her voice charms me, her cat like appearance is hypnotic. That hair. Long story short, I'm literally part of the problem. Still I need at least one "bad" show to watch this season and this seems to be the best choice among the ones I've tried. Not only is it just 3 minutes, I also get my fill of her.
Kiratto Pri-chan (3/54)

There's no denying I'll miss some aspects of the previous season, but the new season of Prichan is off to good start. If nothing else I especially love the idea of finally having someone to ship Mirai with. Seriously she deserves to have a love interest. Please marry her! Ok, I'll stop shipping. The point is this series is good, watch it. Of course it will be even better if certain aspects from season 1 end up being a thing in season 2. (Yes, I want them back, there I said it)
Aikatsu Friends  (3/53)

One could say that the new season of Aikatsu Friends has really turned up the heat. Not sure what to think of the whole Jewel part, but to be fair it's clear the season is less about the  jewels and more about Hibiki and Alicia's relationship. One I'm interested in and cautious about. I guess I'm mainly worried about pacing. However the first few episodes have given me hope in that regard. Plus it's more Aikatsu, so I'm going to keep watching this one.
Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu


 Yes it does suffer a bit from repeating jokes. However I can forgive it in a series like this because believe it or not for some shows, the repeating of jokes serves a narrative purpose. Ok maybe it doesn't and my bias is allowing me to be more forgiving  than I should be. 

Still what matters most has been how wonderful the relationships are. Between just Aru, Nako, and Bocchi we've gotten some great moments. And there's promise of more to come.  I rather enjoy what I've read of the manga and this has essentially become my favorite anime of the season. At least among the new series.
Star Twinkle Precure (11)
We'll end this entry with a reminder that I'm still watching this series. It's Precure, what do you expect. I don't really have much to add though. Other than I like how our girls are coming together. I guess the main issue right now has to do with history repeating itself and the formula of Precure. I'm not complaining about Precure having one, it has more to do with being conditioned.

Ie I'm conditioned to expect/hope for big moments to happen in the plot arounds the 20s or the 30s. So when a precure series series reaches double digits, I start anticipating and hoping the current season's version of the moments I come to expect end up being well good.  For now I probably should just enjoy the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home