Saturday, January 20, 2018

The WInter 2018 Anime Watch List Part 1 (The Rest Of Them)

So after trying so many series this season, I've settled on 13 shows this season. For this entry, I will talk about 8 of those shows. Treat these 8 series as not ranked in any particular order. In a sense, they are "The Rest". Next ime I'll talk about my five favorites this season aka the best.

Kaijuu Girls S2 (2 Episdodes)
It's pretty much just an excuse to see cute girls in Kaijuu based outfits, but it works for what it is. Plus it's short so it's not a huge investment. The 2nd season pretty much has our lead 3 girls having gained some experience, meeting other Kaijuu girls, etc. Only downside is because the episodes are only 3 minutes, the short bonus segment by default is only seconds....

Dagashi Kashi S2 (2 Episodes)

This time around the episodes are only half length, but it's for the best. Especially if they have no intention of moving anything forward and just want to focus on the main two appeals of the series. Which are Hotaru's sexuality and talk of candy. Yeah, that's pretty much it, but hey it's part of my diet this season.

Toji no Miko (3 Episodes)

The first episode felt like they were trying to rush through a 3 episode set up arc in only a single episode, and that's not the only issue this show has. However I was sold on the show near the end of the episode. Or to put it another way I am interesting in Kanami's relationship with Hiyori. As well as how the whole party comes together as indicated by the opening and ending.

Violet Evergarden  (2 Episodes)

I doubt I'll talk about this series much, but the way they're handling the premise so far does have me interested in seeing how things develop. For now anyway. Shows like this can run the danger of becoming too depressing or becoming too reliant on their premise. So here's hoping for the best.

Marchen Madchen (2 Episodes)

First episode sold me on the series because of Hazuki's narration, some of the set up and other aspects. Second episodewas both an upgrade because we get to see Hazuki interact with other girls especially her "better be future waife", but also a downgrade due to setting up a tired premise. But maybe this will be the anime that actually handles that premse well? Or at least doesn't let it ruin everything else.  Regardless, I'll definitely keep watching for Hazuki and the other girls for now.

Hakumei to Mikochi  (2 Episodes)

It's no secret I have a love for tiny girls. By tiny I mean think fairy sized, pixy sized, etc. So a show like this is already winning points with me. To make it even better, thhe two lead girls are pretty much married.  Yes, I know there is always a chance that a later episode might ruin my fantasy err reality, but I'll take what I can get for now. The interaction with other members of their own species and animals can be nice too. However the main appeal for me is their daily life together.

Takunomi (2 Episodes)

The second episode is what sold me on the series. First wasn't bad, but it was mostly set up. However the second allowed for the girls to interact more and give us a better view of our protagonist. Also, I'm thankful that unlike a certain show, this show doesn't use drinking to make people feel uncomfortable.  As a half length show and because I dropped a lot of series, I'll be sure to "walk" each and every episode.   Yes,  I mean "walk" not watch in this case.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (2 Episodes)


One thing that helps this show is that while Takagi is pretty much the girl that teases the guy she likes, she's doing so in a manner that's actually endearing rather than cruel.  On top of that some of the anime will be dedicated to the trio who by the way have their own manga. Thus this can allow occasional breaks from the formula.  For the record, I have noticed that Takagi looks like Iori from Idolmaster and now I want a parody series where Iori teases Yayoi out of love.

------------------------------

So there you have it, these eight series ranging from decent to good help round out the season for me. Some of them might be dropped over time, but for now I'm sticking with them. I wanted to rank them, but I'd spend days trying to do that. So accept the list for what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home