Saturday, March 28, 2020

Finished 1 Cour Autumn 2019 Anime

With Azur Lane finished, I can now give my thoughts on this season.  Try not to read too much into the order here. Same goes for my questionable tastes in shows to watch from start to finish.

Bokuben S2
The show could sometimes frustrate. Other times it could be fun. Most of the time it really liekd talking about boobs. Any time it decided to focus on Asumi, it had my attention because I'm biased towards her.  That said by the time it was over, Bokuben has you asking one simple question. "What happened?" I mean seriously that was such a rushed ending.  I'm not even sure what to think.
Kandagawa Jet Girls
I dropped this after episode 1 because to be honest Rin was a bit much even for me. That said it seemed to keep winning people over so I decided to save watching more for near the end. I finished the series late and over all it does get better. That said, I feel a lot of the series is carried by Misa's character. Without her, I don't think I would have finished it or gotten passed the first few episodes.
Rifle Is Beautiful
The show was filled with occasional good character moments. Sadly it was also hampered with moments that just made you want to face palm. There were also times it feel like the show was missing something. It's kind of hard to explain what that something is, but I know it was missing. I guess overall I like the show, but I kept thinking there was a lot about it that could be better.
 
Noukin
I'm kind of mixed on this. I do like it as a whole, but how much of that is because of the source material is another story. Sadly there were times this adaptation felt lacking or problematic.  That being said, the source material itself wasn't free of issues. So not everything can be blamed on the anime. Regardless I was still glad to see the characters animated and Rena was wonderful.
BookWorm
This was perhaps the best series of the season. Main (Myne) is a strong character and the show has some good relationships. The show can also be quite amusing. Definitely looking forward to the next season in the future.
Azur Lane
The series did suffer a bit near the end and not just because of the delay. However it was still a good series over all. Now granted I could be saying that because I was invested in Ayanami and Javelin's romance (friendship) and the characters that supported their love. Oh and being nice eye candy helps too.  Ok, the Enterprise stuff and the main plot was interesting too, and provided some other reasons to watch too. However priorities are priorities.
Houkago Saikoro Club

This ended up being one of my favorite of the season. Yes, sometimes the "tutorials" made me zone out. Sure, episode 2 worried me. However I liked the main girls quite a bit.  That said, it was ultimately Midori (with some Emmy for good measure) that made the show for me. So yeah even with the issues the show worked for me.  I will forever hate that character from episode 2 for making some drop this and miss out on Emmy's greatness.
ZX Code Reunion
So I watched the previous series and one thing I like about this series over it is that it's a lot easier to follow. Also being more focused on cute girls that you can ship together helps too. Some pairings are especially good. Oh and we even have a lovely doll. A doll I'm using as representation for the series because I need help.

The show does sometimes suffer in certain moments. I also feel the main villain is kind of meh.  A few characters needed more development too. So there's no denying there are some issues. However despite those issues the show turned out pretty decently and again it gave me some good ships and the final few episodes were a good way to end things or rather be an understandable cut off point. Which is way better than a rushed ending if you ask me.
Null Peta
Perhaps one of the best series of the season. Sure the episodes were short, but better a show make good use of five minutes than terrible use of twenty minutes. The story was silly at first, but as it progressed and things became clearer it became stronger and stronger. The final two episodes proper were some of the best I've seen. Seriously this show needs to be watched by more people.
--------------------
While   I did say to ignore the order, I will confirm that my favorite four of the season are effectively the last four shows I mentioned.  So just pretend I randomly juggle between them. As for the other five? Just assume Bookworm leads them by a wide margin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home