Friday, December 29, 2017

The 4 Strongest Winter (2017 Anime Favorites):

2017 is coming to an end, I'm almost done watching stuff from the year. So clearly it's time for a top ten list, right? Not in my case. Instead I will look back at each season and for 3 of the seasons showcase my number 4-1 of the sead. However one for one season, I will reveal my number 5-2 instead because my number one of that season is for me the show of the year. This first entry is focused on the 4 best shows of Winter.

 Kobayashi's Maid Dragon


On the negative side, sometimes the show would push things a bit too far. Which to be honest is not a surprise. I"ve looked at some of the other works by the creator of this and without going into too much detail, let's just say I sometimes had to double check to make sure it was the same person. Plus I kept dreading certain appearances based on my manga experience. Some of which thankfully never came up and hopefully they never will.

Aside from that, the relationship between Kobayashi and Tohru is a strong selling point.  It's also interestign to see magical beings have to interact in our world. Some fun and touching moments are to be had. Plus the show is a reminder that Dragon girls are a a treasure. On that front the show delivered.

    Gabriel Drop Out

I was familiar with the manga before seeing the anime so I had some level of anticipation. Thankfully the anime didn't let me down. Everything used to anime-ize the series from the animation to the voices chosen was just right or at least right enough to avoid disappointment anyway. Still we know the main reason to watch the show.

The trials of our Queen Satanya. She pretty much made the series. Actually I'd say the demons interested me more than the Angels. Not to say the angels were bad, they were definitely good. (That's both accurate and inaccurate), but  if you make eveyrone the favorite then there are no favorites.

  Kemono Friends

This was in some ways the surprise of the season. I had first dropped it because the show felt too lacking in anything worrthwhile, but after a bit I gave it another try because of varying reasons. It was definitely worth the time spent on it. It might have also helped I watched multiple episodes in a row when I did go back to it.

The show starts to develop a certain charm to it. It has the type of story that is actually kind of interesting if you read between the lines. And I will admit I am a sucker for one of the scenes in the final episode. Hint, it has to do with orders.  I guess a good analogy for the show is this. It looks dusty at first, but once the dust settles, it shines.

      Urara Meriochou

By far one of the best anime to come out of the Winter Season for me. My dream of having an anime about a girl seducing other girls with her belly has come true. Ok, I never had such a a dream, but this series told me I should have. It also told me these girls have so many uh magical moments together. I mean that both in the fanservice sense and the actual development sense.

The interaction between them was solid. It was the type of series where it became harder and hard to tell who to pair up aside from the obvious "All of them together" route. If there was any downside sometimes the show seemed to hint at something more, but it couldn't quite reach it. At least not without a season 2 or 3. Which we will sadly never get. I was looking forward to more belly development.

Regardless, these are four of my favorite series from Winter. Is there a Winter series even stronger than these that is the show of the year? Or did another season contain the show? That will be revealed later. No, I will not forget I have a blog for over a decade again, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home