Friday, March 30, 2018

Winter 2018 Wrap Up Part 2

Next batch of Winter 2018 Anime. Yes, I know two of those are unfinished, but I highly doubt my opinions will change that greatly and if I don't make this entry now then it's never going to get made at this rate.


Takunomi

This is the third anime I've seen about a woman drinking and it's by far the best. Maybe it's because of the fact she socializes with other women and thus there's a bit of a back and forth. If I am to be honest they actually sell the subject well. Actually I feel like several shows this season were trying to motivate me in different ways.  This is far from being a top tier show of the season, but it was a pretty solid experience and I fully expect the final episode to end decently.


Toji no Miko (First Cour)

Hard to judge a show fully that's still airing, but what we got during the Wnter Cour of it was over all decent. We got some strong moments during the show. It has a good cut-off point too. In fact that's my main worry. Ie that the reason they'll choose for needing a second cour will be a bad one. Hopefully that won't be the case. Still if it is, I'll just pretend the show was only one cour. I can delude myself if need be, right?


Violet Evergarden

This show is filled with plenty of strong emotional moments and is very effective. So you'd think it would be top tier for me. Yet for some reason, it feels middle tier for me. Maybe it's because of how much it's competing with. Or I could be feeling fatigue with the show after 12 episodes. I'm not exactly sure why. Regardless, I don't regret having tried it or caught up with it. Although if there had been a second cour, I would have hesitated to watch more until it was over.


Sora Yori Mo Tooi Basho

One of the top five series of the season for me. I'm just amazed it managed to for the most part keep it up episode after episode. The interaction between the main girls really sold things. Plus it helps they were all given solid reasons for being on the journey.  Even Kimari's reason of wanting adventure was nice because not only did she make her own choice, she showed dedication. Which was a good change of pace.

Of the 13 or so shows I've seen this season,  this is definitely in the top 5. As for the rest of the top 5? That comes in the next entry. Which means people can pretty much figure out what the shows in question are by process of elimination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home