Friday, March 30, 2018

Winter 2018 Wrap Up Part 3

So with this final part, we reach four of my favorite series to come out of the season. While each of them might have issues, in their own way they were the most enjoyable for me to watch and that's what I value most. Now on to the seires themselves now.

Slow Start
So many wonderul interactions in this show. Hana bonding with her friends. Eiko being well Eiko. It was nice to see everyone so supportive. Plus I love the Hana/Tama pairing a lot.  Every time the show provided shipping fuel,  I felt positive feelings. Hana and Tama need to get together. I think about the only thing I'm mixed on is how long they can keep the secret a secret. Side note, I also love how the side plot with Hiroe was handled.  Especially in the context of her limited screen time.


Mitsubushi Colors
Stand back would be evil for the ultimate evil is here! For there is nothing more evil than Justice Lolis! Seriously though they are kind of evil, but also kind of adorable. The show did have some issues like that one episode. Also the fact Sat-chan  needs to say that word a lot less often. Despite that the show was a lot of fun.  It became even better once Yui herself started to become well let's just say a bit more evil. Seriously some of her interactions with Sat-chan are quite amusing. 

If you're wondering, the best girl is Kotoha because reasons. Her hat habit, her hair, her 3DS, and just how evil she is. She alone was enough reason to keep watching. Of course, having Yui and Sat-chan both have their moments as well helped. Not to mention that the town in general is filled with some fun characters. Fun characters that often seem to love ot motivate dangerous girls....
.


Hakumei to Mikochi
This show is by far one of the best experiences for me. Hakumei and Mikochi are one of my favorite couples.  (Please never introduce a random dude that only exists to force hetero)  The fact they pretty much live together and are quite fond of each other is great. The world is imaginative and we got some pretty fun moments. The final two episodes also cemented the show as being of the best there is. Hopefully these have a long life together and even more hopeful we get to see more of it.

As for the supporting cast, I can't say I liked any of the characters as much as the leads (for once the leads surpassed everyone), I can say however they definitely added to the world and some of them were kind of fun. Konju if nothing else is pretty (blonds just work ,ok).  Plus without them some of the more fun moments couldn't have happend. So I appreciate their presence.


Yuru Camp
This series is pure joy, pure goodness, it's just pure a lot of things. It's by far my favorite series of the season. Mostly due to how both Rin and Nadeshiko were handled.  Not just in terms of their relationship with each other, but on an individual level.  It also helps that we had other characters to round out the cast and provide a pillar of support the series needed.  The more I think back on it, the more I realize just how well they handled the pacing. If I had any complaints, they were wrong.

The final episode of what better be season 1 of many just sealed the deal. Not to mention those last few scenes. The last few scenes showed so much growth and it was a great way to end things for now.  I'm not sure what the remaining seasons of 2018 will bring, but Yuru Camp is contender for anime of 2018 for me.

That pretty much covers it. Anything else I either dropped or don't want to admit to finishing. Plus to be honest anything not mentioned in this or the other entries is probably a mid tier to low tier show at best anyway. Regardless I'm (almost0 done with Winter, I want to move on to Spring now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home