Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Spring 2018 Anime Thoughts


Having both dropped some series and caught up with others, now is a good time for my feelings on the Spring 2018 season. This is focusing on the 10 shows I'm still watching and on occasion tweeting about. It also includes long terms series which make up 1/3 of my list these days. So the series as follows.

Low Tier
Love To Lie Angle  (8)


The series has definitely gotten better since the first episode. It's still not that good of a series due to the limits of the format, but it flows better now. Also Konomi is amazing. I can't help but root for her. Plus she's just the most appealing girl in the show.

Alice or Alice (7)


The trash show of the season for me and I can't help but feel they saved best girl for last. I can't recommend this show to 150% of my TL, but I'm still watching it for reasons.

Toji No Miko (19)


The second cour still has some issues to work out, but it does feel like its existence has been justified. I do like what they're doing with some of the characters. Other characters, let's just say I hope they get punished and don't get off easily.

Mid Tier
Amanchu Advance (7)


While I did hear some issues with the manga, it's the anime I'm watching. For the most part the anime has been pretty solid. I especially like the things episode 6 implied even if they did a last minute "save".  Also I'm not sure what to think of episode 7. So there are things holding the show back. However I still have a desire to see more of it.

Umamusume Pretty Derby (9)


Confession, I fell behind on this series because I was watching too many shows. So you can blame it for the fact I dropped some series. I'm glad I did. Both in terms of dropping shows and  catching up with this show. It's a strong mid level series. Also just seeing that type of phone is enough of a bonus.

Hinamatsuri (7)


This series has been one of the best experiences of the season for me. It's just that some other shows are more to my "interests". Still I'm quite enjoying seeing the progress made by each of the three main girls.  Even the episodes lacking in powerful moments serve their purpose to set them up.


High Tier

Kiratto Priā˜†Chan (4)


Anna is amazing! There you have the main reason why this show has jumped up my list.  I would be more caught up wiht the series just for the sake of Anna, but err reasons.

Aikatsu Friends (7)


Aikatsu has been one of my favorite franchises for awhile and Friends has done a very good job of keeping that a fact. Aine has some nice moments in the series and she interacts with wonderful girls. Plus she has a tried and true method of making friends. Just trust me on that.

Hugtto Precure (16)


I was already enjoying the show thanks to the Precure factor and how solide the first cour was. However thanks to both the Lulu stuff and the Emiru potential this show has only gotten better. Granted how much it will continue to do so depends on how they handle these two long term. In other words, please my biases Precure!

The One Above All

Comic Girls (7)


By far my favorite series of the season. I'm a fan of anime based on moe 4 koma manga. Heck I like comic strips in general.  I've become interest in the type of journey that Kaos is going through. Also Kaos is one of my favorite characters this season. It's like she's almost tailor made to catch my interest. Even better, the other characters have been great too. Sure there are flaws to this show, but Kaos makes me biased. She makes forget the issues the show has. Not sure if that's good or bad though.

---------------------------------

Please pretend to be surprised by some of these choices I've made. Seriously thought Spring has been a good season for me and it can only get better. Both due to actions I've taken and stuff I'm expecting to happen during the second or so half of the Spring season. May your life be filled with Kaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home